[gorjuss] Links for Monday, 30th January 2012

Giles Turnbull gilest at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:12:20 PST 2012

Ha, Folksy has a lovely 404 page

http://folksy.com/404

Talking of all things made, here's the incredible identity-preserving balaclava

http://goo.gl/cnY1f (andrewsalomone.com) (thanks @styledeficit)

I owned Ultramarine's "Every Man and Woman is a Star" on vinyl, back in my student days. One day I let someone borrow it, and never saw it again. Listened to it again today for the first time in, what, 20 years? Not as wow as I remember it, but a lot of 90s music feels like that for me. I get a lot more wow from 70s and 80s revisiting.

http://open.spotify.com/album/6SfkVE0T44uRIio11X6PWV
http://www.ltmrecordings.com/ultraminfo.html

Developers, this is how you make a press kit. A zip chock full of screenshots, icons, logos, and everything a journo might need.

http://www.cobookapp.com/press/

(Cobook app is pretty good too - reminds me slightly of Simson Garfinkel's SBook5, which I used to use in the old days.)

http://simson.net/ref/sbook5/

Woody Allen and his typewriter

http://goo.gl/abRJm (brightcove.com video) (thanks @alanconnor)

The new Twitter web UI does at least have some keyboard shortcuts (hit ? to show this cheatsheet)

http://gilest.org/file/twitter-keys.jpg