[gorjuss] Links for Friday, 13th July 2012

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Fri Jul 13 08:22:24 PDT 2012

A list of public documents in typerighter.com

http://river.thingelstad.com/typerighter/

I found myself thinking "Now the Shard is next to it, Guy's Hospital
Tower looks uglier than ever. It's about time they gave it a lick of
paint." And it turns out there are plans to do just that...

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5968

Here's a map (PDF) of the Guy's site. I love campus maps like these, I
could spend hours looking at them. If I ever had a reason to sign up
for a Pinterest account, maps like these are the things I would pin.
Hospitals everywhere have adopted the "coloured zones" technique for
guiding people around.

http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/location-maps/guys-map.pdf

The bloggy intersection of crime and archaeology:

http://lootingmatters.blogspot.co.uk/

... this will be a movie series: Archaeocop.

A random word generator:

http://watchout4snakes.com/creativitytools/RandomWord/RandomWordPlus.aspx

There's a bat noise app called iBats:

https://sites.google.com/site/ibatsresources/

... the user reviews aren't terribly positive though.

I discovered that you can predict some of the future by making stuff
up, and some of it comes true anyway:

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/all-your-futures-are-known

And I took some photos:

http://flic.kr/p/cwdnMo