[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 15th August 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Aug 15 14:49:44 PDT 2013

Bath Abbey is having a spot of trouble with its foundations

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-23685801 (thanks @paulmutton)

The GDS team page has been updated

http://digital.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/working-for-gds/

How do wave machines work? They use air to push down on the water

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2007/0802-making_waves.htm

Zombie cake for B's birthday

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/9508870679/

Over in Christchurch New Zealand, they've built a new cathedral to replace
the one destroyed in the 2011 earthquake. This one is mostly made of
cardboard, and it looks amazing. It has an estimated 50 year lifespan, to
tide them over until they build a "proper" replacement.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/cardboard-cathedral-in/777362.html

... I reckon they should stick with the cardboard one.

A temple in Japan is hosting a shouting festival. What an excellent idea.
One of them would go down well in my town.

http://tinyurl.com/shouting-festival (japantimes.co.jp)