[gorjuss] Links for Friday, 22nd February 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Fri Feb 22 09:51:44 PST 2013

You may remember gorjusses of years gone by mentioning plans to
upgrade the visitor facilities at Stonehenge. Here's what's planned:

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/our-plans/our-proposals/

Work has begun already, and there are some photos on this Facebook
page (you can see them without an account) of the half-finished
exhibition hall interior:

http://fb.me/1gN8vwyI5

You do know about @radiotagbot, don't you?

https://twitter.com/radiotagbot

... built by @libbymiller, I believe. Ask it what's on a BBC radio
station you're listening to, and it tells you. With a link.
Super-usefuls. Unable to automatically switch your radio off when The
Archers comes on, but maybe that'll be in 2.0.

Knitters: Kate's going to Unravel this weekend:

https://farnhammaltings.com/festivals/unravel/

I shall take the boy to this local science fair after he's been to Fun
Swim. It's Fun Swim on Saturday mornings.

http://mysciencefair.org/

The internet feels smaller as we get older, I think. We end up bumping
into people we know in all sorts of places, but (and this is the
important bit) *we're no longer surprised when that happens*. I went
searching for "mailman archives rss" and lo and behold, @philgyford
was right there. And it seemed perfectly correct and right and proper.
And normal.

https://github.com/philgyford/mailman-archive-scraper

(Everybody say: "Phil Gyford!")

Right. Off to Glasgow on Monday, staying overnight. Not been there
since researching my dissertation back in 1990 or 1991. Might take my
camera for a walk round the city centre in the evening, if there's
time.