[gorjuss] Links for Wednesday, 20th February 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Wed Feb 20 10:47:20 PST 2013

Bath's Two Tunnels cycle path opens on April 6th and there's going to
be a big family event to celebrate. Come along for a bike ride through
the middle of a hill!

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/sustrans-near-you/events/bath-two-tunnels-festival-grand-opening

Some impressive stuff happening at this year's Bath Digital Festival.
Stallman will be there:

http://2013.bathdigitalfestival.com/events/richard-stallman/

And there's an event at Peter Gabriel's gaff up the road:

http://2013.bathdigitalfestival.com/events/real-world-hack/

This US radio documentary about the gangs and gun crime surrounding a
Chicago high school is simultaneously gripping, terrifying, horrifying
and shocking:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/487/harper-high-school-part-one

(I think that was via Dave @nextdraft)

The corridor at GDS:

http://flic.kr/p/dWa4at

... and the stairwell:

http://flic.kr/p/dWa3FH

Talking of stairwells, Chris Heathcote snapped this poster in one somewhere:

http://flic.kr/p/dWijk2

When I'm not lugging a suitcase around with me, I make a point of
using the stairs to go up to the 6th floor at GDS Towers, rather than
use the lift. Partly for fitness' sake, partly because of the nice
light and the interesting views of other office buildings nearby.

Finally for today, a 15 minute film about shared street spaces, in
this case in the town of Poynton:

http://youtu.be/-vzDDMzq7d0

... there are moves afoot to do something similar here in Bradford on Avon.