[gorjuss] Links for Wednesday, 12th June 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Wed Jun 12 09:20:56 PDT 2013

A new thing by me at The Morning News - The Internet of Actual Things:

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/the-internet-of-actual-things

... includes talking toenail clippers and jealous jeans.

Henry made a great little timer for talks:

http://henryhadlow.github.io/talktimer/

I like these two:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/9006890002/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/9005706373/

An oldie: The Sound of the Internet (this was lots of fun to make and write)

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/the-sound-of-the-internet

I don't even follow football but I think these are funny:

http://youtu.be/GrVVN3fp0wY
http://youtu.be/K60j-1OXS5Y

My good friend Mike Ellis spells out the realities of working for yourself,
and learning discipline about doing so:

http://blog.variousbits.net/2013/06/12/never-enough-time/

Some non-GDS work just went live this week, after several months in the
making:

http://www.siftware.com

... it's a new site for web consultants Siftware, headed up by Darren
Beale. I looked after words and Laura Kalbag did the designing. Laura's had
a smashing idea she calls "web talk dog walks", and if I lived nearer to
Brighton I'd go along on one.

http://laurakalbag.com/web-talk-dog-walk/

A basic Chaucer glossary:

http://pages.towson.edu/duncan/glossary.html

An amazing false-colour image of the town of Moore, Oklahoma, after it got
hit by a tornado. The beige stripe running across the image is the path it
took:

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=81271