[gorjuss] Links for Monday, 27th January 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Mon Jan 27 12:49:47 PST 2014

Just one new one today, and it's this:

http://goodpostcardclub.com

which began as an idea in my head not long after I wrote "Twitter by post"
for The Morning News:

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/twitter-by-post

It's not a pen-friend site. You don't have to commit to anything, there's
no obligation to start any sort of correspondence-based relationship with
anyone. But if you like correspondence, if you like giving and getting
little cards from people you know, and perhaps people you don't, it might
help.

Feel free to pass on to your friends and loved ones.

Rule 1:

The business of Postcard Club is conducted by postcard. No mailing lists.
No web forms. No passwords. Everything I need to remember about the project
is written down in a notepad that lives in my desk drawer.

Rule 2:

I haven't made up rule 2 yet.

What have I learned so far? That the process of getting your hands on a PO
Box is far more tedious, paper-based, time-consuming and confusing than it
probably needs to be. And none too cheap either.