[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 1st July 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Jul 1 13:15:53 PDT 2014

Here's all the talks from @thayer's Prime Conf

http://primeconf.com/talks

There's a new version of Dropzone for Mac

https://aptonic.com/dropzone3/

Here's a list of actions you can install in it

https://aptonic.com/dropzone3/actions/

"In this model, life is an invasive species. Once it reaches a point where
it can cross star systems, it rapaciously expands to fill the galaxy. Now
we’re talking."

http://praxtime.com/2013/09/29/intelligent-life-is-just-getting-started/

"I rise, Sir, to move, that an humble Address be presented to His Majesty
to express the indignation and deep concern with which this House has
learned of the assassination of His Imperial and Royal Highness the
Archduke Francis Ferdinand and of his Consort..."

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1914/jun/30/assassination-of-archduke-francis
(thanks http://fadingcity.tumblr.com)

The stuff you find in the Hansard archive is *amazing*. I've not looked
through any of it for a long while.

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/

The things they used to discuss in Parliament:

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/written_answers/1914/jul/20/inaccurate-telegram

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/written_answers/1914/jul/20/new-romney-postman

CHEESE JOKES:

http://www.jokes4us.com/miscellaneousjokes/foodjokes/cheesejokes.html