[gorjuss] Links for Monday, 12th May 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Mon May 12 09:25:19 PDT 2014

Phuc Tran explains what happens when your native language has no subjunctive

http://youtu.be/zeSVMG4GkeQ (thanks @fitzsimple)

My mum has found out that this London ironmongery was founded by my great
uncle, the Poole of Poole & Waite, back in the 1930s. It's still going
strong today.

http://www.poolewaite.co.uk/

Me on Google Maps. My face isn't blurred out, that's odd. Maybe Google
doesn't think my face is a face.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/14167315993/

Spell with Flickr still works. Yay.

http://metaatem.net/words/

"myVolcano is a crowd-sourcing app that enables you to share your
photographs and descriptions of volcanic hazards, as well as collecting
samples and measurements of volcanic ash fall, helping scientists to gather
vital new information about volcanic eruptions."

https://www.bgs.ac.uk/myvolcano/