[gorjuss] Links for Friday, 3 April 2015

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Fri Apr 3 04:21:36 PDT 2015

Smith Maps <http://www.strata-smith.com/map/>
The geological maps of William Smith, now clickable and browsable. Look at
the cross-sections too, they're great.

I ♥︎ Dots: Why I signed Martha Lane Fox’s petition | Matt Edgar writes here
<http://blog.mattedgar.com/2015/03/31/i-%e2%99%a5%ef%b8%8e-dots-why-i-signed-martha-lane-foxs-petition/>
"Dots are a strategy." Linking to this not just because I get a shout out
in it, but because Matt says clever things. Matt always says clever things.

A barrow by a beacon <http://barrow.matthewsheret.com/>
A story of a walk, which can be told and read in many different ways. This
is absolutely lovely.

Emotional labor for Gmail <http://emotional-labor.email/>
Make your outgoing emails a little cheerier, without actually having to be
cheery yourself (thanks @fitzsimple)

Touch And Sew <http://touchandsew.blogspot.co.uk/>
This is a blog by another Giles Turnbull. He has been through some
difficult times, but manages to stay positive and cheerful, and last year
he  took up quilting.

FT podcasts <http://podcast.ft.com/>
A new discovery (for me anyway). Some good stuff here.