[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 2nd February 2012

Giles Turnbull gilest at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:12:45 PST 2012

My Google Chrome profile got corrupted or damaged or something, so I started again with a fresh one. Chrome felt so much faster as a result, but that was mainly because I didn't have any extensions installed. I wondered if I could replace my favourite extensions with bookmarklets instead. Quite a few of the ones on this page (including Zap Plugins and Zap Images) work just fine in Chrome, even though it isn't shown in the chart of supported browsers.

https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/zap.html

Plenty more where that came from:

https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/

Meanwhile, on Whitehall, the transformation of gov.uk is a joy to behold. The story boils down to this: What if you got a team of the most talented and respected web nerds in the country, and got them to build the government website instead of farming the job out to Consultenate or Accentunate? Wonderful.

http://digital.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/2012/02/02/gov-uk-truly-open-platform/

This evening I'm enjoying a bottle of Butcombe Gold, brewed not very far away from here.

http://www.butcombe.com/beers/beers.shtml#