[gorjuss] Links for Saturday, 11th February 2012

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Sat Feb 11 13:42:33 PST 2012

easybook looks very impressive. I'm particularly pleased that I was
able to manually install it and have a play around. It lives up to its
name.

http://easybook-project.org/

200 million years from now, America and Asia might collide over the
North Pole, forming a new supercontinent, Amasia. First Great Western
may have got their act together by then. Possibly.

http://goo.gl/jTWIa (msn.com, with map)

The Natural History Museum has a Curator of Meteorites:

http://goo.gl/SaElz (nhm.ac.uk)

I like this "Trending cloud" thing that The Economist has on its website:

http://gilest.org/file/trendingcloud.jpg

(I saw it on this page:)

http://www.economist.com/blogs/lexington/2012/02/gop-race

Here's something the boy and I made on Saturday afternoon

http://youtu.be/ZLr0RA9frUA

Remembering Chris Lightfoot, five years after his death. I'd
encountered Chris by email a few times during the early days of My
Society; later, I greatly admired his WWWitter blog-by-email software
(although didn't have the brains to use it).

http://goo.gl/2ANEG (mysociety.org)