[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 16th February 2012

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Feb 16 12:48:44 PST 2012

You've probably heard of Clear, an iOS todo app that's been getting a
lot of headlines this week. It struck me that it could be turned to
other purposes too, like poetry:

http://www.cultofmac.com/146720/clear-todo-app-also-great-for-poetry/

Needless to say, the first thing I did was set up a Flickr group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/clearpoetry/

I knew - and last saw - Lucy Rogers when we were both teenagers in
Folkestone. Now she's an expert in space debris. Here's an article she
wrote recently for SEN (Space Exploration Network), from which I
learned that the largest single piece of orbiting litter is the third
stage of Apollo 12's Saturn V rocket. All 11,000kg of it.

http://www.sen.com/feature/Detail.aspx?FeatureID=75

ARP's been developing film in coffee

http://flic.kr/p/boxFtz

Digicity is a new cow-orking space in Bath, 20 squids for a day. I'm
hoping to give it a try very soon.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/bathventures/forbusiness/digicity.html

I've not been sending these nearly as often as I thought I would.
Quite often, the hours between 3pm and 8pm are chockablock with
looking after the boy, cooking supper and so on. When I return to my
computer later in the evening I'm tired and sometimes feel like it's
too late to send things out (ie, I've missed the boat).

In the meantime I'm really enjoying the lists by Robert Brook and Roo Reynolds.

https://tinyletter.com/robertbrook
http://tinyletter.com/rooreynolds