[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 23rd February 2012

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Feb 23 12:19:13 PST 2012

Wolfram Tones, coming to a phone handset near you soon

http://tones.wolfram.com/

I like the workshop-on-a-trolley more than I like the things he's
making, but both are very impressive. Phil Cuttance makes geometric
forms:

http://vimeo.com/35912908

Local (well, Bristol) web developer Keir Moffatt entertained all of us
who subscribe to the local (well, Bristol) nerd mailing list,
Underscore, with his tale of unrequited love on a train a year or so
ago. Here he is telling his tale at an Ignite night:

http://vimeo.com/36916885
http://www.under-score.org.uk
http://www.iamkeir.com/

Ordnance Survey-backed Geovation is looking for clever ideas on the
theme "How can we transform neighbourhoods?" Winners get a share of
£155k to spend on developing their idea further.

https://challenge.geovation.org.uk/

Talking of maps, here's newspapermap. 10,000 newspapers, mapped (and
linked, where appropriate). I could get lost in this for hours, I
think.

http://newspapermap.com/