[gorjuss] Links for Monday, 27th February 2012

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Mon Feb 27 13:08:37 PST 2012

Blimey, the Vatican funds its own Curator of Meteorites, whose job
description is simply: "Do good science."

http://www.astrobio.net/interview/966/interview-with-brother-guy-consolmagno
(thanks @cdevers)

Tom A made books out of his Pinboard links. Not only does it make me
want to make my own, it makes me want to read his.

http://infovore.org/archives/2012/02/26/a-year-of-links/

Apply now for your place in a 120-day Mars mission simulation in
Hawaii. You need to be clever, fit, interested in science, and willing
to eat space food the whole time. Travel expenses to Hawaii are
covered, and crewmembers even get paid a stipend of $25/day while the
mission is underway.

http://manoa.hawaii.edu/hi-seas/ (thanks @DrLucyRogers)

Advice for a 13-year-old about to take her first steps online. All of
it sensible. I'll be saying similar things to my lad when he reaches
the right age.

http://blog.unitedheroes.net/archives/p/4396/ (thanks stellar.io)