[gorjuss] Links for Friday, 1st July 2012

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Fri Jun 1 06:55:11 PDT 2012

We've been watching, and enjoying, Lucy Worsley's history programme on
BBC4. She strikes a good balance between eccentric and normal.

http://www.lucyworsley.com/

Finally! A competition combining cheese and rap

http://www.globalcheeseawards.com/cheeserapcompetition/ (thanks
@fromecheeseshow)

I loved listening to this series of three R4 programmes about
extinction. The first one goes into lots of delicious geological
detail.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01hjs0s (thanks, I'm pretty sure, to
someone who subscribes to this list but I can't remember who,
apologies)

A stone balancer's work. Make sure you watch the (1 min) video at the end

http://blog.geolsoc.org.uk/2012/05/30/balancing-act/

As of today, I'm no longer the app reviews guy at Cult of Mac. Here
are some thoughts on a decade's worth of blogging about Mac stuff

http://gilest.org/20120601-mac-decade.html