[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 21st June 2012

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Jun 21 07:59:27 PDT 2012

Apologies for the use of "July" in the subject line of the last
gorjuss. The minions responsible have had their Custard Cream ration
reduced by one third by way of punishment. Harsh, I know, but I think
fair.

On with the stuff.

Here's what Queen Victoria wrote in her diary on the day of her own
Diamond Jubilee celebration: "A never to be forgotten day." Her
handwriting was exceptionally neat. Oh yes, her diaries are online
now, had you heard?

http://bit.ly/Jrh1Z2 (queenvictoriasjournals.org)

(I'm not a royalist but I do like sites like this, that make lots of
historical documents available to everyone.)

Hey look, the House of Lords has a newsletter!

I rather like the idea of Cowbird...

http://cowbird.com/stories/featured/

If brands want us to pay attention to them like we pay attention to
people, they should behave more like people, and agree to die.
Wonderful ideas from Matt Edgar:

http://matt.me63.com/2012/06/01/all-brands-must-die-after-a-long-and-happy-life/

A couple of videos from me. Stratford International:

http://youtu.be/ufJbTwy0hl0

and MEEEOW (made with SloPro for iOS, which delivers muuuuch better
results if you're using a 4S):

http://youtu.be/FDZaXzBonQ8 (best turn up the volume for this one)

The take-home pay calculator

http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php