[gorjuss] Links for Monday, 26th March 2012

Giles Turnbull gilest at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 08:30:23 PDT 2012

I didn't even know that trying to eat a tablespoon of cinnamon was a thing

http://goo.gl/oMuwZ (imascientist.org.uk)

How many hours working on the minimum wage must you do to afford rent on a 1 bedroom flat?

http://goo.gl/KSZSE (Guardian)

The Palestine Film Festival is happening at the Barbican towards the end of April. A friend of mine is involved behind the scenes, and would appreciate your support if you're nearby and want to go along.

http://www.palestinefilm.org/

Kate found this amazing dog-dalek costume on Ravelry

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dalek-dog-sweater

Jonathan made this with an iPhone 4S, an Olloclip, and a Glif

https://vimeo.com/39162983

Last week, my son was involved in a production of Harvey Brough's "Requiem in Blue", performed in Bath Abbey with half a dozen choirs, various weird instruments and the Abbey organ. I'd never heard of the piece before but it was astonishing, pulling together classical, jazz, folk and pop, with wondrous choral stuff floating above it all. And my lad was part of it. One of those spine-tingling parental moments that I'll treasure for years to come. Here are two extracts from a CD recording of the piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwKKT8Rn03A