[gorjuss] Links for Saturday, 19th May 2012

Giles Turnbull gilest at gmail.com
Sat May 19 01:00:29 PDT 2012

This is a decade old now, but new to me. Back in 2002, Roger Houghton in Bath produced this concept for re-shaping the High Street and reclaiming it from traffic. Nothing was done, and the High Street remains a horrible mess of buses and coaches to this day.

http://www.thebath.net/pdfs/highstreethigh.pdf

Bradford on Avon is covered in flags right now, everything's looking very jolly despite the endless rain. I thought I'd try and get photos of as many of them as possible.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/sets/72157629745041040/

The Cambridge busway is finally open, I see. I'd like to go back for a weekend and explore it. With my camera, of course

http://www.thebusway.info/routes-and-times.aspx

There's already a Flickr group, natch

http://www.flickr.com/groups/guidedbusway/
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=cambridge busway&ss=2&s=int

Giles Booth wrote this smashing history of synth pop

http://www.suppertime.co.uk/blogmywiki/2012/05/synthpop/