[gorjuss] Links for Friday, 5th April 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Fri Apr 5 13:28:07 PDT 2013

What the new Reading station will look like when it's finished

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGyvKQ4CMAAV5xI.jpg

Nice that the @NetworkRailPAD account was tweeting lots of these
photos over the holiday weekend.

Radio 2's "Top 100 Favourite Album Countdown" had Coldplay's "Rush of
blood to the head" at number 1. What?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rlpnc/live

Current reading: 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson. I'm quite enjoying all
the interplanetary hopping about.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2312-ebook/dp/B007C52I2E/

You'd like to read a newsletter by Richard Pope about technology and
local stuff wouldn't you? Yes.

http://www.en-gb.pledgebank.com/localtech

Phil McCarthy's lovely Pareidoloop is now an "art" "installation" - yay Phil!

http://festival-enter.cz/2013/projects/pareidoloop/

Lots of lovely bleeps in this EP by DMX Krew, "Broken SD140 Part II"
It's nice to see people still do EPs. Ahhh, EPs. I'm showing my age
now, aren't I?

http://open.spotify.com/album/1eDpqYQe0AgJKLEVd0TsMz

More lovely bleepery from The Field in this track, which I've only
just discovered is called "Kappsta" - I think @bamblesquatch or @dmje
alerted me to it a few months ago when it appeared uncredited in some
mix somewhere (vague, aren't I?), but now Shazam has done the
listening for me and I've bought it properly and everything.

http://youtu.be/1zw4jtWZdvA

It's the BoA Photo Group exhibition this weekend. I'm not exhibiting
this year - been too busy with other things - but if you happen to be
out this way, do pop in to check it out. We've just got home from the
preview night and there's some fab images on show this year.

http://www.bradfordonavon.com/archives/6329