[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 18th April 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Apr 18 08:59:57 PDT 2013

As promised some time ago: Backstage with Kraftwerk

http://gilest.org/backstage-with-kraftwerk.html

History of the UK government

https://www.gov.uk/government/history

Kiss emoticons. You're welcome.

http://www.sherv.net/kiss-emoticons.html

Things journalists ask for: #journorequest

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23journorequest

Everywhere you turn at GDS, you encounter someone with incredible
skill and talent. I find myself working with Henry Hadlow, who has an
extraordinary portfolio of stuff. I particularly enjoyed Tell A Lie:

http://portfolio.manofscience.co.uk/Tell-a-Lie

... but there's lots more to explore there.

Local bloke is doing 50 good deeds in 50 days to celebrate his 50th
birthday. Lovely idea.

http://www.bradfordonavon.com/archives/6752

My new telly - lovely telly, very expensive - has *adverts* on it.
Built into the UI.  I'm gobsmacked. A bit cross too. How dare they?
Tossers. Luckily the internet knows how to switch things like this
off.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-6482_7-10012587-7.html

... it's my telly now, not yours anymore. Tossers.

I suppose this is inevitable when your telly becomes a thing that's
connected to the internet, and I should have expected it. (And perhaps
done more research before buying.)

That Internet of Things is going to be really irritating, isn't it?