[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 13th June 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Jun 13 09:47:28 PDT 2013

Wrap your ears around the music of Cosmo Sheldrake:

http://therecommender.net/2013/05/08/cosmo-sheldrake/
http://www.cosmosheldrake.com/

... he doesn't appear to have an album out, but if he did I'd have bought
it by now. On CD, because I'm that sort of age.

I spent an hour or so working with @henryhadlow this afternoon, and came
away with a huge list of interesting things to look up.

If you want to enter the Oscars, this is how you make sure your film is
eligible. One rule is that it must be shown in a Los Angeles cinema for at
least seven consecutive days

http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/rules/85/rule02.html

Vodafone sells a £100 gadget that boosts the phone signal in your home

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-accessories/sure-signal

Red tape is called red tape because official documents used to be wrapped
in red tape

http://www.vaguelyinteresting.co.uk/?tag=origin-of-red-tape

The CDC 6600 was the world's fastest computer from 1964 to 1969. Just look
at the thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDC_6600