[gorjuss] Links for Sunday, 10th March 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Sun Mar 10 16:09:28 PDT 2013

Here's John Waller explaining his work as an underwoodsman. John was
at college with me from 1989 to 1992, we drank together often in the
student union bar. He is a very talented craftsman.

http://youtu.be/xMhYYgfoaWk

We needed a "whoosh" sound for something we were filming, so I went
searching and found freesound.org...

http://www.freesound.org/search/?q=whoosh&f=&s=score+desc&advanced=0&g=1

An utterly harrowing article about a woman who lost her entire family
in the 2004 tsunami

http://beta.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/09/sonali-deraniyagala-wave-tsunami-interview

We went to see this lot do a show here in BoA this evening. They were
fantastic. Go and see them if you get the chance

http://www.taiko.co.uk/

"Results show temperature and vegetation growth at northern latitudes
now resemble those found 4 degrees to 6 degrees of latitude farther
south as recently as 1982..."

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/10mar_greenhouseshift/