[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 21st March 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Mar 21 16:48:52 PDT 2013

Tom Stuart on how he built an exhibit that shows off GDS's responsive design

http://codon.com/building-a-govuk-exhibit

I had quite a busy, weird sort of day today, rounded off by an
unexpected email from someone at the Wall Street Journal.

"Did you know," he asked, "that you wrote the first article about
Twitter in the mainstream press, back in November 2006?"

Errr. No. No I didn't, I replied.

"Have you got a few minutes for an interview," he asked?

Somewhat bemused and not quite sure what I could tell him, I said: OK then...

http://t.co/BTzU4HxroT

(Before you ask: yes, it feels very odd to be on the other side of the
journalism. Very odd. But educationally so.)

Moving on. The Maker Faire is in Bristol this weekend:

http://is.gd/86l07D (thanks @DrLucyRogers)

It's official: saying "I love playing with Lego" is right, and saying
"I love playing with Legos" is wrong. Lego said so, in response to a
request by @cdevers, occasionally of this parish. The man deserves a
big Lego medal for this.

http://is.gd/Gl8tn3 (exquisitetweets.com)