[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 19th March 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Mar 19 08:50:39 PDT 2013

The oldest person ever was Jeanne Calment, who died in 1997 aged 122
years, 164 days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

"Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for
her age to olive oil, which she said she poured on all her food and
rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly
one kilogram of chocolate every week."

The future of farming is apparently awful virtual touch screens with
superfluous UI hexagons

http://vimeo.com/45697095

Fade to Black "a new iPad magazine from the makers of the British
Journal of Photography", coming in April it says here

https://twitter.com/fadetoblackmag

gopher for iOS

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/igopher/id483329810?ls=1&mt=8

Good old TidBITS, still coming up with new ideas. I didn't know how
laser printers worked either.

http://tidbits.com/a/13617

The new Bragg album stream is here

http://thequietus.com/articles/11633-billy-bragg-tooth-nail-stream

Phil warns us not to try listening to this through from start to
finish, but that's what I've been doing today

http://www.gyford.com/phil/writing/2013/03/19/sound-fury-playlist.php