[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 28th May 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue May 28 09:17:15 PDT 2013

Christian Neukirchen's Trivium blog. Looks a bit different now,
doesn't it? He invented tumblelogging, you know. I interviewed him
back then, for the Torygraph I think. Nice bloke.

http://chneukirchen.org/trivium/

Here's the code. I don't understand any of it, obviously.

https://github.com/chneukirchen/trivium

Some lovely funny gags in last week's B3ta image challenge: Star Wars
in the UK (the first page, at any rate - they're the best ones)

http://www.b3ta.com/challenge/UK-StarWars/

Here's how the other Giles prints the weather on his small printing device

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilesbooth/8803603099/

Alex Dong has a rant about Googe+

http://alexdong.com/google-plus-is-skin-deep/

... I agree with almost every word, especially the stuff about too
many calls to action. I'm staying away from G+ because I feel like
it's *nagging* me, endlessly and repeatedly: "Hey you, Giles+! Add a
comment! Complete your profile! +1 this random thing! Do! Do! Share!
Share! Complete your profile!"  -- ugh.

They're building a new DLR station at Pudding Mill Lane, because the
existing one sits on where the Crossrail tunnel will emerge into the
daylight before heading into Stratford station.

http://tinyurl.com/pgfkmux (crossrail.co.uk)

... I like that kind of thinking. The kind where people go: "Ah,
there's a light rail station on top of where we need to dig a hole for
an underground line. So let's just build a new station next door, then
dig the hole." That's getting shit done, that is.

My favourite photo from last week:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/8807213731/

Hooray! We'll be able to download BBC radio content as of next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/our_work/services/radio/other/radio_drm.html
(brief blog post)
http://tinyurl.com/q44jyes (full decision from the BBC Trust, PDF)
(thanks @martincouzins)