[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 3rd October 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Oct 3 14:49:49 PDT 2013

Here are battme's photos from Science Hack Day. Hmm. I'd love to go to a
Science Hack Day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbiddulph/sets/72157636103957716/

Lego minifig Scouts

http://minifigs.me/product-category/pre-designed-minifigs/scouts/

Russell says "death to innovation" and you can see why

http://russelldavies.typepad.com/planning/2013/10/death-to-innovation.html

Brent Simmons explains some basics of thinking about programming -
fascinating

http://inessential.com/2013/10/01/vesper_sync_diary_1

"Earth's Dynamic Systems" - an entire textbook online for free

http://www.earthds.info/

13th century volcanic disruption culprit

Take a look at this concept for Windows 9:

http://eiskis.net/windows9

... now revisit 10/GUI, which I was last linking to back in 2009:

http://10gui.com/video/

Chris says, in his excellent food newsletter cañas, that this was the best
meal he's ever eaten, "but I just don't know what it's for or who it's
for." It looks astonishing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antimega/tags/lenclume/

Radioplayer is an app for finding and listening to UK internet radio
stations - iOS, Android and Chrome too. Nicely done.

http://www.radioplayer.co.uk/
http://www.mediauk.com/article/34460/the-uk-radioplayer-tablet-app