[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 15th October 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Oct 15 14:37:28 PDT 2013

The Marmite museum Twitter feed

https://twitter.com/MarmiteMuseum

An event celebrating the CERN Hadron Collider. Anyone can apply for a
ticket.

http://tinyurl.com/ly2macw (parliament.uk)

Blogging platform Ghost is now available for download.

http://blog.ghost.org/public-launch/

... I had a play with the Bitnami installer for OS X - it works. Saves you
faffing around with all this:

http://docs.ghost.org/installation/mac/

Danceroom Spectroscopy is on at Watershed in That Bristol

http://tinyurl.com/jwn3fnh (watershed.co.uk)

Search Flickr by colour

http://labs.tineye.com/multicolr/

Fresh new education site from Parliament

http://www.parliament.uk/education/

... includes video, like this one: the story behind the Gunpowder Plot

http://tinyurl.com/kp7ej4b (parliament.uk)

I installed Wordpress the other evening, then deleted it again the next
morning. I'm sticking with what I know and like best. But this theme caught
my eye - quite smart, nicely responsive.

http://wordpress.org/themes/decode

... here it is in action on the developer's site

http://beyondtheco.de/

Meanwhile, gilest.org has had a minor lick of paint, and is also now more
responsive than before

http://gilest.org