[gorjuss] Links for Friday, 11th October 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Fri Oct 11 10:25:04 PDT 2013

The BBC's ingenious "Where can I afford to live?" calculator. If I enter
the figures that applied to us when we bought our first house back in 1997,
my options are tiny parts of south Wales and Northern Ireland and that's
it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23234033

I'd like to highlight this post from the GDS blog because it has stick-men
drawings done by Matt Edgar.

Stick men. Matt Edgar. THE INTERNET IS COMPLETE.

http://digital.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/2013/10/08/supporting-service-managers/

Here's a trailer for The Double, a new film by Richard Ayoade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWhikLYeSQ0

... looks good doesn't it? Submarine was ace.

Would you like to be a Principle Lecturer in Motorsport and Automotive
Engineering at Oxford Brookes? 47-53k.

http://tinyurl.com/kykb3p8 (edm.brookes.ac.uk) (thanks @drlucyrogers)

Kitten in a box

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/10203383273/

Foggy Wiltshire countryside on the train journey to London

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/10203191664/

>From the /dev/fort people - Earth Lens. Photos of Earth from space. Lovely.

http://www.earthlens.org/

Forge: "static hosting made simple" it says here

https://getforge.com/