[gorjuss] Links for Friday, 25th October 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Fri Oct 25 10:22:15 PDT 2013

Spies like them - topical satire by me for The Morning News

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/spies-like-them

Martin Belam: "Would the world be a better place in 2013 if everybody in
the newsroom was a full stack developer with their own Github account?
Probably not, because, for a start, I’d still be wanting some of them to be
concentrating on reporting."

http://martinbelam.com/2013/function-exasperation/

Billy Bragg's been looking back over his career. Click on the little play
icons on each album cover to hear Billy talking through it - not long
rambling rants, but short thoughts (just 2 or 3 minutes per album). Nice
stuff.

http://www.billybragg.co.uk/back_catalogue.php

Ashley digs out a 12-year-old digital camera and has some fun with it

http://women-and-dreams.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/nikon-coolpix-990-its-time-to-move-your.html

Loads of lovely nerdy Alfred tricks. I bloody love Alfred, me.

http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2013/10/25/hidden-productivity-secrets-with-alfred/

Took this photo from Waterloo Bridge

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/10448410523/

What I've been up to this weak

http://gilest.org/weaknote-20131025.html

Right then. Time for some weekend. Hold on to your panelled fencing, it'll
be windy.