[gorjuss] Links for Wednesday, 30th October 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Wed Oct 30 15:33:42 PDT 2013

What John Peel said on his first show after the Heysel tragedy

https://audioboo.fm/boos/1687424-john-peel-s-1st-r1-programme-after-heysel

(...thanks @blogmywiki)

You listen to just that tiny snippet, and you miss Peel all over again
don't you?

Jason versus the ultimate Lego machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xCd55oSgO4

Newport transporter bridge

http://www.newport.gov.uk/heritage/index.cfm/TransporterBridge/

The Baked Bean Museum of Excellence

http://www.bakedbeanmuseumofexcellence.org.uk/

It's been years since I went to the Museum of Computing in Swindon; they've
since got better premises in the centre of town, and they've even been
Google Street Viewed

http://goo.gl/maps/bvbyp

In the programme for his new show that we saw the other night, Peter
Gabriel published a link to a copy of the old programme from the 1987 show
- which I saw at Earl's Court, aged 16, with my friend Toad. This programme
was a lovely thing, a real piece of art. I poured over it for months
afterwards. Flicking through it again here, I notice it includes lots of
postal addresses - an object from the pre-URL era.

https://petergabriel.com/popup-example/popup/

RB and LD talking

http://fadingcity.com/try-doorbell/1-episode-one

Jack Cheng writes a weekly Sunday dispatch, published by email. I like this
idea and I might steal it.

http://jackcheng.com/

Here are his thoughts on "slow web"

http://jackcheng.com/the-slow-web