[gorjuss] Links for Wednesday, 18th September 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Wed Sep 18 08:51:42 PDT 2013

An obituary for Bill Wallis, who died a couple of weeks ago. You might
remember him as the original Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz in the BBC radio
version of Hitch Hikers, or as Ploppy the Jailer in Blackadder, but his
career was much much more wide-ranging than that. His son Dickon is one of
my oldest friends, which means I met Bill a few times during my college
days. I think he took us out for a pie and a pint once or twice. A lovely
man, and a sad loss.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/sep/17/bill-wallis

Towards the south-eastern corner of Honolulu, there's a huge volcanic
crater known locally as Diamond Head

http://www.hawaiistateparks.org/parks/oahu/?park_id=15
http://www.gohawaii.com/uk/oahu/guidebook/topics/24-hours-in-waikiki

Here's a lovely photo (from what I can gather, a German tube station)

http://500px.com/photo/46627534

... a friend of mine just switched from Flickr to 500px. Have any of you
used it? Thoughts? I like the look of it, I must say.

Citymapper on the web

http://citymapper.com/superrouter