[gorjuss] Links for Wednesday, 9th April 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Wed Apr 9 14:49:34 PDT 2014

A short film about Estonia's e-cabinet. The best nugget (rather hidden away
near the end) is that the average meeting time has been cut from 5 hours to
30 minutes. Blimey. There are a few nice visual ideas in this film, but I
think the script could have been a been tighter.

http://youtu.be/Y6Mp_Vsh1f4

Hark at me, waffling on about tighter scripts for films. Anyone would think
I knew what I was talking about.

You knew about the National Archives image library didn't you?

https://images.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

I'm a big fan of this alluvial fan. Download the full size image to see it
properly, in the context of the surrounding landscape. Lovely.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=83455&src=eoa-iotd

How's your kerning? Mine is *terrible*. That's why I'm not a designer.

http://type.method.ac/  (thanks @fitzsimple - who provides about 80% of my
links these days)