[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 8th April 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Apr 8 14:11:27 PDT 2014

Notable mainly for the domain, which shows you how far domains have strayed
from what you thought you knew:

http://tla.systems/

Hey look here's Ann's blog. I've not looked for years, but she's still
doing stuff on it. Go Ann.

http://www.pixeldiva.co.uk/

And while I'm in a nostalgic mood, here's Darren, *still* bloggin' away at
LinkMachineGo like nothing ever happened. The man deserves some sort of
internet medal.

http://www.timemachinego.com/linkmachinego/

>From Matt Jukes: can Bristol be a "city of service"?

http://digitalbydefault.com/2014/04/08/bristol-a-city-of-service/

A short film about making films. Mark and I think we should be stricter
about referring to the stuff we make professionally as "films" not "videos".

http://vimeo.com/90125079 (thanks @mkboxx)

The internet of newsletters. Because webrings are cool now.

http://internetofnewsletters.com/

Like Phil, I have fond memories of many of these newsletters of yore. TBTF
was my favourite, by a long way

http://www.gyford.com/phil/writing/2014/04/08/email-newsletters.php

http://tbtf.com

>From back in January: "Expected to start a breakfast drink war."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/city-news/new-weetabix-breakfast-milkshake-drink-2996760

"It's sort of like putting a Weetabix in a blender with a milkshake and
churning it all up. Tasty, and a nice substitute for breakfast, but not
perfect."

http://a-review-a-day.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/todays-review-weetabix-on-go-breakfast.html

I've not tried one yet.