[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 6th February 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Feb 6 13:45:22 PST 2014

A browsable, searchable web version of the Gough map of Britain, a very
very very old map. NB: east is at the top.

http://www.goughmap.org/map/

We celebrated our 17th (blimey!) wedding anniversary last weekend, with
lunch at a superb tapas place in Bath, called Same Same But Different.
Recommended.

http://same-same.co.uk/

Over dinner: me and her, me and him, me and him being silly, and finally
her and him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/12268836854/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/12268390265/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/12268391455/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/12268960086/

Looking for a wave simulator? Here's one you can buy for your theme park or
other tourist attraction.

http://www.waveloch.com/

Still listening to the Best Coast EP "Fade Away" all the time. Here's an
older track of theirs on the 'Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sj5_WITMpA

Messenger has now sent back 200,000 images from Mercury

http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/the_mission/gallery.html

Sir John Soane's Museum, just around the corner from work. A place to put
on my places-to-visit list

http://www.soane.org/ (thanks @fitzsimple)

This list now has 73 subscribers, hooray. When it gets to 100 I'll ...erm
...I'll do something to celebrate. No idea what.