[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 15th May 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu May 15 14:28:43 PDT 2014

Paul's cartoon about teams

https://www.flickr.com/photos/psd/13992905267/

I've been delving into Russells' blog archives. I found this In Our Time
episode about Buffy. If you know nothing about Buffy (like me), this is
very educational. It makes me want to watch Buffy, actually. All the way
through, from the start. Also one of the experts is Helen Castor - yes,
*that* Helen Castor who now does history on the telly.

http://russelldavies.typepad.com/planning/2006/09/buffy_1.html
http://www.helencastor.com/#/about/4547023491

This looks interesting, but I've not had time to investigate it properly:
"The Internet — and our privacy and civil liberties — are under threat from
a monopoly: the monopoly of the business model of monetising your data. In
other words, corporate surveillance, or the business of spying on you. It
is time we started creating viable alternatives to corporate surveillors
like Google and Facebook."

http://indietech.org/