[gorjuss] Links for Thursday, 2nd October 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Thu Oct 2 09:52:50 PDT 2014

Coming in November: "Heartbeat is a social network client that is private
by default. It’s peer-to-peer and uses a distributed synchronisation engine
called Pulse. You can use Heartbeat to share your thoughts, photos, or
anything else privately across all your devices. You can also share
privately with your friends, or publish publicly for the whole world to see
via the Web."

https://ind.ie

You probably know about Tilde Club already:

http://tilde.club/

I thought about joining in, but I already hand-stitch my webpages out of
freshly carved HTML. I already have that retro homepage feeling that all
the Tilde Club members seem to be having such fun with. Still, I wish I'd
signed up because the community on the server itself sounds like much more
fun.

How engineering works at Spotify: "Agile at scale demands trust at scale."

http://vimeo.com/85490944 (thanks @tomtaylor)

In America, you can see autumn from space

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=84460

If you've not heard Kate Bush's version of "Sexual healing", here it is

http://open.spotify.com/track/7ylMdCOkqumPAwIMb6j2D5

Did I mention I had tickets for her live show? Did I? It was a bit blimey.
Might write something about it soon. Blimey.

In the meantime - Day 16: a song you used to love but now hate

http://gilest.org/30-days-of-music.html#16