[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 28th October 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Oct 28 10:12:12 PDT 2014

My chums at Knock Knock have made a short silly film. It's very short.
And very silly.

http://vimeo.com/109483283

A 1960s plan for dealing with traffic in Bath. Thankfully the
underground dual carriageway was never built.

http://youtu.be/tMamOIdcS9A (thanks @ShaneMcC)

Top 10 geological places to visit. Some new things to add to my walks list.

Earth View from Google Maps is a plug-in for Chrome that displays a
beautiful satellite image every time you open a new tab.

http://tinyurl.com/njh4a7a  (thanks @demotive)

Google Books Ngrams is a thing that lets you search the corpus of all
text from all books that Google knows about between 1800 and 2000. Try
searching it for "science,religion" or "batman,superman" or "

https://books.google.com/ngrams/

My London landlord got one of these bins:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2419015.htm
http://instagram.com/p/usDx_flVTl/