[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 4th June 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Jun 4 09:43:07 PDT 2013

I liked the idea of Shortcat, but having played around with it I'm not so
enamoured. Lovely icon though.

http://shortcatapp.com/

Crazy Canadian Woodworking presents - the 150hp lathe. (Found after
following some links from Roo's woodworking special edition the other day.)

http://youtu.be/P4qB6n1cm04

A thing that grabs the audio from YouTube vids and sends you the mp3

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ (thanks @grahamhi)

The Wiltshire Voices project - a series of documentaries about local people
and communities

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xaUi1r2cWhM3Bx6nLqubQ

A bit of seaside black-and-white minimalism for you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/8950538888/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/8949353267/

... there are some more from the same beach either side of those. It's
Brean Down, a beautiful spot south of Weston Super Mere and much less
crowded (but harder to reach). The National Trust owns the Down bit, and
the beach next door is an added extra

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brean-down/
http://www.burnham-on-sea.com/breandown.shtml
http://www.breandownfort.co.uk/