[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 11th June 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Jun 11 09:09:18 PDT 2013

A fabulous, fabulous video from Billy Bragg

http://youtu.be/2YmHtISRcz0

A photo of me and my Dad, taken by K at Dad's 70th birthday party the other
week

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/8958389587/

My Electric Avenue: not an Eddy Grant fansite, but an attempt by energy
companies to test what it will be like to have significant numbers of
people in small areas charging their electric vehicles overnight. They're
looking for groups of 10 families who live quite near each other and in
certain postcodes, *and* who're interested in renting an electric car for
18 months at a subsidised rate. Nowhere on the site does it say what that
rate will be, which makes me think they'll struggle to find volunteers
until they're a bit more upfront about the costs.

http://myelectricavenue.info/

... still, an interesting idea, and it's good to see the energy companies
are thinking about this sort of stuff.

Now it's spinning in your head anyway, here's the Electric Avenue video.

http://youtu.be/vtPk5IUbdH0

... I'd forgotten that he spends so much of it sitting on a brown sofa. You
don't see many sofas in modern pop videos.

The Landfillharmonic Orchestra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJrSUHK9Luw

My favourite photo from last week

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gilest/8968604744/

... taken with Camera Noir, the photo-app-of-the-moment. It's a bit buggy
and the exposure can be difficult to control, but I enjoyed
snap-snap-snapping with it from the top deck of the no. 7 bus. It's fast -
much faster than Hueless, which I've been using for a couple of years for
black-and-white shots but which seems to get slower with every update.

http://www.pacifichelm.com/cameranoir/
http://curioussatellite.com/hueless/