[gorjuss] Links for Sunday, 19th May 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Sun May 19 14:20:56 PDT 2013

Mike Deri Smith (one of my fellow Brit colleagues at The Morning News)
has a thing where he points people to longer bits of video that are
worth watching

https://twitter.com/watchlongviews

Crossrail 2. They'd need a better name for it once it was built,
though. They couldn't have signs everywhere saying "Crossrail" one way
and "Crossrail 2" the other. No no.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/27405.aspx

Lenticular clouds over Yorkshire! I've still never seen any.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-16302606

I like the look of Pete's menu

http://flic.kr/p/ejDirx

For 11 years in the mid-1800s, Wyld's Monster Globe occupied the
centre of Leicester Square in London. It was a 60-foot-high tourist
attraction, a map of the world turned inside-out complete with
mountain ranges and rivers. It was intended to be part of the Great
Exhibition at Crystal Palace but was too big, so had to find its own
home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyld's_Great_Globe

Here's what GDS looks like after everyone's gone home for the night

http://youtu.be/4KAqAOYN9fU