[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 8th October 2013

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Oct 8 15:18:05 PDT 2013

The best review of a packet of batteries I've seen all week

http://tinyurl.com/ofp67hq (amazon.co.uk)

The new Stonehenge visitor centre opens on December 18th

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-24329692

I caved in and signed up for iTunes Match, but ever since then iTunes has
been arguing with me about what bits of my music collection are actually in
the cloud and what bits aren't. It seems this is an ongoing problem.
There's a suggested fix here, but I'm not at all sure that I can be arsed.

http://blog.timvalenta.com/2012/08/itunes-match-stuck-damn-you-step-3/

The Leidenfrost effect is what happens when you sprinkle droplets of water
on to an extremely hot pan - the drops skate and skitter across the pan's
surface, prevented from boiling away by a cushion of vapour between droplet
surface and pan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leidenfrost_effect

... and now here's a Leidenfrost maze built by some students in Bath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPZ7sx3EwUY

Jukesie remembers Pete Ferne

http://digitalbydefault.com/2013/10/07/remembering-petef/

Noisy: a white/pink noise generator for OS X

https://code.google.com/p/noisy/