[gorjuss] Links for Tuesday, 18th March 2014

Giles Turnbull giles at gilest.org
Tue Mar 18 10:13:18 PDT 2014

Paul Clarke's rules for meeting up. Wise rules.

http://paulclarke.com/honestlyreal/2014/03/seven-rules-for-meeting-up/

Makes me glad I turned up on time when I met him. Phew.

Uncomfortable design. I like the concrete umbrella.

http://www.kkstudio.gr/#the-uncomfortable (thanks @rossferg)

You can go up to the top of Wellington Arch. I should do that.

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/wellington-arch/

Matt Edgar's superb Lost Robot Manoeuvre: "I've found myself using a
technique that deliberately introduces a physical actor into the process, a
service avatar to stand in for the stuff we can't see."

http://blog.mattedgar.com/2014/03/15/the-lost-robot-manoeuvre/

Cartography from the Birmingham Public Library

http://bplonline.cdmhost.com/cdm/search/collection/p4017coll7

A blog about collecting pencils. No updates since 2011, sadly.

http://blog.collectingpencils.com/

The BBC's guide to making good radio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/academy/production/radio